Check out this Five Spice Roasted Pork Belly with Pumpkin Puree and Quince Glaze recipe from Star of the North Butchers!
- 1kg pumpkin, chopped
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 1.5kg boneless pork belly
- 1 tbsp. sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 100g quince paste, chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock
Preheat oven 200˚C.
- Drizzle pumpkin with olive oil & sprinkle with cinnamon, salt & pepper. Roast approx. 1 hour. Place in food processor & process until smooth. Set aside & keep warm.
- Reduce oven to 180˚C. Combine 1 tsp. sea salt & five spice powder & rub over the meat. Rub the skin with remaining olive oil & salt. Roast, skin side down, for 2 ½ hours. Increase to 220˚C – turn pork & roast 30mins or until skin is golden & crispy.
- Quince Glaze: Place ingredients in saucepan & stir over medium heat – cook 5 mins, stirring.
- Increase to high, bring to boil & cook 5 mins to thicken.
- Divide pumpkin puree between plates, top with sliced pork belly & spoon over quince glaze to serve.